The task of keeping our home in optimal condition is not easy since several complications can arise and require our immediate intervention.
Keeping the bathroom clean and tidy is a job that requires a lot of time and, above all, dedication. Due to the presence of water and the different soaps that we use, it is very easy to get the bathroom and all its accessories dirty, which can result in a very undesirable look.
As soon as you notice the silicone losing its natural color, it’s a good time to change it to avoid breakdowns and continue to keep your shower always shiny.
The signs that indicate when the silicone needs to be changed are:
– If you have stains that are difficult to remove.
– When it’s dry.
– When it starts to grow and no longer covers the joints well.
When should the silicone in the bathtub be changed?
If you are confident in its poor state and you know it’s time to remove it, you need these tools and materials.
First, make sure you have the following:
- Special product for softening silicone.
- A sponge.
- A brush.
Steps to remove silicone.
clean the area in which silicone is located with a cloth and sec In order rather further.
Use a utility knife detach the most blocked areas and remove them little by little and do not start with areas already detachable as this will take some time as they can be cut into pieces.
Apply now Soften the product with a brush and leave it on after the time indicated by the manufacturer, it will better remove the residues stuck to the tub and the tiles.
With a spatulaand very carefully, so as not to damage the bathtub, clean the residue left after the action of the paint stripper.
with a brush Finish cleaning the grout and rinse with plenty of water.
After these 5 steps it is time to reapply the product to prevent water from penetrating the cracks, we advise you to do this:
- use one anti-mold siliconeMANDATORY fungicide.
- Wait for the area to dry completely.
- Get a job Tape to limit the surface and that the product sticks only in the joints. Don’t take it off until it’s dry.
- Apply silicone With a gun.
- you have to wait a few days to enjoy the shower again.
Find some tools for this job and much more in our shop.