When we start a house reform we always do it with enthusiasm because we give it a new image and build the house we have always dreamed of. However, when we are fully engaged in the execution of some work, in whole or in part, in addition to the cost, a very important question arises, namely How long will our reform take and what unforeseen events can occur?
Calculate how much your reform will cost and how long it will take
Factors for the duration of the reform.
There are several factors to consider when calculating the duration of our reforms:
- The surface to be repaired. For example a average overall reform on an approximate floor between 80 and 100 square meters usually takes 3-4 monthswhich can be extended to 6 months after the reform is complete. If it’s just for a room, like a bathroom or a kitchen, It can take 1-3 weeks.
- The reform work to be done, like a reform where we just change the floor, change the doors, and paint the floor until this work that requires a change of electricity, kitchen furniture, siding, etc, doesn’t continue in the same way.
How long will the reform take by type?
- Duration of the overall reform: The complete renovation, which includes the touching construction elements, installations and finishing work, usually takes around 6 months, for a medium-sized apartment, around 80-100 m2.
- Duration of the comprehensive reform: A comprehensive reform that does not include any reform of individual or structural elements usually takes 3 to 4 months.
- Duration of the kitchen renovation: If you are just changing furniture without upgrading the hardware, the job can take around 10 working days. If it is necessary to renew the installations, false ceilings, that is, if it is a complete reform, the duration will be at least 2 weeks.
- Duration of bathroom renovation: The duration of renovating the bathroom without touching the amenities is usually anywhere from a week to 10 days. If we touch any material it can take about 2 weeks.
Disadvantages that affect the duration of the reform.
On the other hand, we need to take into account the inconvenience that may cause a certain delay in our work:
- License application: As something that depends on the administrative staff outside of the reforms, the time for its resolution will depend on the autonomous community in which the house is located.
- Materials: Depending on the type of material and the month we start reform, it can be too Delivery delays and lead to delays in work. Therefore, we have to be aware of the commands we need to do this from the very beginning ask about them beforehand. The materials that can cause us delays are tailor-made, less standardized materials that are generally high-end materials as they are less in demand and more expensive, do not have stocks in stock, or materials are imported from other countries that are subject to customs May have problems or « traffic jams ». In general, it must be said that there are holidays in between (Christmas, Easter or summer) Error in the terms of delivery of the material.
- Condition of the property: We have to take into account the age of the facilities and structures in our house, as complications from the creation of new valuable jobs can lead to work delays.
- Permanent presence of the manufacturer: This is really one of the key factors. If your builder switches back and forth between your jobs and the other jobs, your jobs will be delayed longer than necessary. Builders often place small jobs to fill in the gaps between large jobs. It can be irritating at times, but it is common practice.
Plan your reform
In order to get a more than satisfactory result, you need to try to be patient and give time and love to our reform before we get down to business. Take the time to select the changes you want. For example, decide which colors, materials or sanitary conditions you want to use. The last detail is also important for the organization of work.
In the following picture you can find a an example of a Gantt chart for an average reform, where several activities have to be carried out:
- Changes in distribution
- Changes in equipment
- Exchange of furniture
- New flooring
Generally yes we plan all aspects of the job and we coordinate Together with the experts who are working on it, we ensure that it is organized before the start – taking into account the recommendations mentioned above – and that its duration is not unnecessarily extended.
The reform plan gives you an online reform plan where you can Get an interactive budget for your repairs, Select materials, see what they look like, and even links to online materials stores in case you want to buy them directly. And if you want to compare offers from professionals in your area, you will of course find them on our MARKETPLACE.
GET 4 FREE REVIEWS FROM PROS IN YOUR FIELD
More interesting articles
Online repair planning
Key moments for comprehensive reform